Kia America Posts Best-Ever November Sales
- Sportage posts triple-digit sales increase for second consecutive month
- Sales of Kia’s electrified models post double or triple-digit sales increase the past five months
Kia America announced best-ever November sales of 56,703 units, an 8-percent increase over the previous November sales record set in 2016, and a 25.1-percent improvement year-over-year. For the second consecutive month, sales were led by the Sportage family of SUVs, which were up 144-percent over the same period a year ago. Sales of Kia’s electrified models – which have posted double or triple-digit gains in the past five months – also contributed to the record-breaking performance with a 133-percent year-over-year increase.
“Building on our best-ever third-quarter and October sales, Kia’s upward momentum continued with a record November with SUVs and hybrids, plug-in hybrids and EVs pushing the brand ever higher,” said Eric Watson, vice president, sales operations, Kia America. “With Sportage up 144-percent and our electrified offerings posting double or triple-digit sales increases for the fifth consecutive month, we are confident that we will end the year strong, and this positive sales momentum will carry through to 2023.”
In addition to sales, November saw a number of significant announcements from the brand, including:
- Kia EV6 named a finalist for the 2023 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year award.
- Kia’s guaranteed minimum $1,000,000 minimum donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® as part of the brand’s “Accelerate The Good” charitable initiatives.
- Kia taking home the highest number of model awards – five – in the J.D. Power 2023 U.S. ALG Residual Value Awards. The segment wins by Telluride (Midsize SUVs with 3-row seating), Sportage (Compact SUVs), K5 (Midsize Cars), Soul (Micro SUVs), and Rio (Small Cars), led Kia to the best year-over-year improvement of any mass market brand in the annual evaluation.
- Kia’s U.S. reveal of the 2024 Kia Seltos with significant upgrades across the board, including increased horsepower, an available first-in-segment panoramic display featuring two 10.25-inch screen and available power liftgate
- Kia’s participation in Electrify Expo Austin. The last of five events nationwide where leaders in automotive electrification gathered to share best practices and chart the best path forward as the industry transitions to fully electric models.
MONTH OF NOVEMBER
 Kia will donate $8.00 for every new Kia vehicle that is purchased or leased at authorized Kia dealerships, and delivered to retail customers, between November 11, 2022, and December 31, 2022 - with a guaranteed minimum donation of $1,000,000 in the aggregate - to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®. For more information, please click here.
 Segment first among competitive entry SUVs, not inclusive of other Kia vehicles; competitive specs sourced from manufacturer’s websites.
 Driving with liftgate open may be unlawful and can draw dangerous exhaust fumes into vehicle; if you choose to do so, keep air vents and windows open for ventilation.
PRESS RELEASE DOWNLOAD
MORE FROM News
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
Kia Sportage Hybrid named a winner in Motor1.com 2022 Star Awards
Hyundai Motor Group Robots Get Rolling with Pilot Programs to Advance Last-mile Delivery
2023 Kia EV6 earns 2022 IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award
Hyundai Motor Group’s HTWO Fuel Cell Technology to Provide Clean Power for FAUN’s ENGINIUS Commercial Trucks